Welcome to Institute of Computer Science
The institute is committed to the challenging task of development of technical education by preparing seasoned graduates in highly sophisticated field of engineering and technology. Development of India as an emerging industrial power is a demanding exercise as it involves the combination of cost effectiveness and efficiency along with producing world-class technology at the cutting edge. For about five decades we have been doing it with sincerity and commitment . At present the institute offers graduate level courses in twelve disciplines.
- To promote Research and Development in the frontier
- areas of Computer Science.
- To generate Competent Professionals to become part of the industry and Research Organizations at the National and International levels.
- To provide necessary strengths to enable the students to Innovate and to become Entrepreneur
- To impart effective education at undergraduate levels in the field of Computer Science.
- To conduct Research and Development and offer consultancy services.
- To improve continuously the quality of teaching-learning process.
- To strive steadily for the overall growth and development of intellect and personality of the students who, as professionals, would be confident to face the challenges of the world of work.
- To empower the faculty and staff for overall development of students.
- The Institute is contributing to the technological, industrial and economical development of the region and the country for last five decades. The Institute has long recognized its role in engineering education, generation and dissemination of useful and relevant technologies in the service of the society.As you move along the largest campus which comes to notice and building which strikes your imagination immediately will be that of Govt. Engineering College, spread over an area of 100 acres, it is one of the biggest campus amongst all the technical institutions. The campus is a completely planned entity consisting of the main institute building, six hostel blocks, residential quarters for teaching and non-teaching staff, a bank, a separate PWD and electricity office for campus maintenance, a well equipped dispensary and a well maintained guest house. The campus has got an additional facility of a local railway station meant specially for the benefit of the students of nearby areas. This campus is away from hubbubs of the city yet it is easily accessible from it. The institute is about 5 km from the Raipur railway station and about 12 km from the air port.The institute has a well – organised, magnificent building symbolising the grandeur of the institute. This huge building alone covers a total area of 62060 sq.m. It is a triple storied planned structure alongwith a central tower standing upto the height 23 meters. There are 35 lecture halls extending over an area of 6675 sq.m & 13 drawing halls/studios extending over an area of 3510 sq.m. about 85 labs over an area of 11510 sq.m. The other amenities comprise of a canteen, cycle stand, N.C.C, N.S.S department, a student activity centre co-operative store, and dispensary. The building is being further extended for the architecture and electronics departments with the construction cost.
- National Institute of Technology , situated in the capital of a newly incepted state of , has proven to be “avant-grade’ in the field of science and technology over past few decades in this region. With sweet memory of foundation ceremony. the institute started with two departments namely Metallurgical and Mining Engineering. Later the inauguration of the Institute building was done. From 1st December 2005, the institute has become the National Institute of Technology.